Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Peachy Keen Challenge Birthday Card for Dad

Hello fine crafting peeps!

Today I share with you a challenge from Peachy Keen stamps. We were to follow a sketch given to us. I made a 5 X 5 card for my dad's upcoming birthday. He is celebrating a milestone birthday, so I used the sentiment "This is no day for just a sliver" from the Stampin' Up! Hostess set Birthday Bakery.  For the colors, I used the DSP brights, and a background paper from a DCWV paper stack. I cut out the balloon and party hat from the Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge, and used the hide contour feature on my gypsy so that I could use Peachy Keen stamps, PK 490, Everyday Character Face Assortment. I hope you enjoy my card as much as I have enjoyed looking at all of your entries. Thanks for stopping by, and if you want to play along, click on the sketch and you will be directed to the blog. You have until March 7th! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! Great papers and colors! I hope your dad has a great day!! TFS, your new follower Cathryn67 :)
    inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really cute! I am sure your dad will love it! Cute sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with us at PKS! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete