Sunday, January 31, 2016

Getting my craft on!

Hello, fine crafting friends!!

I wanted to share with you a project that I made this afternoon. The weather was yucky, and I was getting in a BLAH mood, so I went into my little corner of the basement and decided to just get busy with my hands. That always seems to lift my spirits, and it sure worked this time! I have been doing a fine job collecting supplies from Chalky and Company, which is a new sales company that opened in June of 2015. I haven't. however, been doing as stellar a job of making some craft projects from said supplies. Has that happened to anyone else? Please tell me I'm not alone on that!! hehe

So after I went through my cabinets, I settled on working with these "ingredients":

I didn't really know what exactly I was going to make yet, but then once I started up a James Bond film, (Dr. No...the original James Bond! SWOON) I got all inspired with the era, mixed myself a lemondrop martini, and got my craft on. I found the Suburbia Cricut cartridge, and pulled the images of the martini girl and the "me, cook?" images for use as a stencil, and the small martini glass cut from paper for the small button. I was thrilled when I also found some coordinating trims and cardstock from Stampin' Up! in Coastal Cabana, and some buttons from Papertrey Ink. I also found various doodads and whatnots from my many hauls from Tuesday Morning and Hobby Lobby trips. I was super happy with what turned out.

I have also realized today that I need desperately to craft more and buy less. I have all types of craft materials purchased up and it's time to use it all! Now that I am down to one full time job, I am finding I have more time for crafting and doing all things domestic, and it really has been good for my soul.

I hope sincerely that you can find some time to do something you love to do now as well, and I thank you kindly for sharing this project with me. Enjoy your Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment